Here’s Wednesday’s Divergent poster of Eric, the cruel leader of Dauntless.
How would you like this guy in your face, and I mean that in a bad way.
Eric is played by Jai Courtney.
OK, initiates, time to get creative! If you have a knack for making edits and gifs, now is your chance to be featured on the official Divergent movie Tumblr! For details on how to make this happen–see below. (By the way, here are some new stills!)
We are sharing 5 exclusive stills from Divergent to use for your fabulous fan art!
Create your artwork in PHOTO or GIF format and submit it by either:
1) uploading to our Submit form or
2) tagging it on Tumblr with #Divergent.
We’ll select your art this week to be part of the DIVERGENT Tumblr page!
In a recent interview with Australia’s The Daily Telegraph, Jai Courtney touches on playing the antagonist and director Neil Burger.
Courtney plays Eric, one of the film’s baddies, a merciless senior member of one of the five factions to which humans must belong in the future.
“I’ll be walking back down the more antagonistic path with the role I’m playing, which is always fun,” said Courtney, who also played a bad guy in the Tom Cruise flick Jack Reacher.
Divergent, another adaptation of a series of young adult novels (written by Veronica Roth), is currently shooting in Chicago. The movie opens in Australia on March 20, 2014.
While here last March, Courtney was pretty tight-lipped about the “fresh news” and what role he would play in the project. He did say that the director was one reason he signed on.
“Neil Burger’s done some wonderful visual stuff. He had this film Limitless that came out a couple of years ago with Bradley Cooper and I really liked what he did with that. He also directed The Illusionist, another cool film.
“I think Divergent it’s a really cool story and has potential to be something really wonderful.”
We bring you the top 15 list of new info revealed in the EW Divergent cover issue, with some superb commentary from Page to Premiere’s Kimmy West.
The Divergent issue of Entertainment Weekly hits newsstands this Friday, but it’s already available for digital download. I went through the feature, which is completely full of amazing tidbits of information, and extracted my top 15 great moments. They include Shailene Woodley talking about why she nearly turned down the role of Tris Prior, Theo James talking about the fan mania (all while doing his entire interview in his ‘Four’ American accent when he’s actually British), fun exchanges between our two leads, and Neil Burger’s response to the big question: Will he return to direct Insurgent? I transcribed this myself, so please link back to me if you share this list.
1. Director Neil Burger really wanted to actually shoot the film in Chicago, and he made it happen. He says, “Every movie these days they’re like, ‘Let’s shoot this in Canada or Louisiana or Romania because it’s cheaper.’ I didn’t want digital landscapes or CGI skylines. This is great for the story and it’s great for Chicago, and it’s great for the movie”
2. Veronica Roth’s mother will have a cameo in the movie.
3. Veronica Roth was happily overwhelmed during her first set visit, saying: “I think I just stared at everything for five hours and couldn’t even form a sentence.”
4. The actors have become fast friends, and have great relationships off screen! “Shailene Woodley and Zoe Kravitz giggle together after each take. When Theo James trips on something off camera, Shailene teases him, ‘Hard day at the office, bro?’
5. Jai Courtney (Eric) has high hopes for Shailene’s future. While watching her perform on the monitor he said, “She’s going to be a big f—-ing star.”
You can read the rest at Page to Premiere, here!
Jai’s previous works include Starz television show, “Spartacus: Blood and Sand,” 2012 movie “Jack Reacher,” and the latest movie in the “Die Hard” franchise, “A Good Day to Die Hard.” All of those shows and movies are action-based, suspenseful and dramatic.
What do you think? Is Jai what you pictured when you thought of Eric? He definitely looks “Dauntless” alongside Bruce Willis!